Robotech CAD Solutions is a Facility Management Service Provider, offering technical services to develop and maintain our customers’ facilities information using integrated AutoCAD and ARCHIBUS IWMS applications.
Robotech is currently seeking a full-time Space Planner for corporate facilities to join our professional team on a customer site in North New Jersey.
Space Planner responsibilities:
- Interacts with internal clients to gather programming information related to space requirements, adjacencies or move requirements.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates decisions for near-term and long-term space needs and availability with Business Units, Real Estate and facility management to optimize space efficiency and business needs.
- Understands client’s needs, set expectations and coordinates information from multiple sources to propose and develop required workplace solutions, executed with AutoCAD drawings.
- Coordinates with client and associates to determine furniture requirements, bill of materials and furniture product availability.
- Develops and produces space fit-plans using AutoCAD, develops proposed scenarios with high level cost impact.
- Develops migration plans and space strategies utilizing blocking and stacking diagrams.
- Utilizes headcount and occupancy data from CAFM system to create space planning analysis and develop long term and tactical plans for the space inventory.
- Interfaces with project managers and vendors in the coordination of facilities project such as construction of offices, installation of furniture and relocation of personnel to different buildings.
- Conducts building space audits to verify layouts, employee locations, furniture layout and room configurations, verify and update as-built drawings with AutoCAD.
- Develops migration plans and space strategies utilizing blocking and stacking diagrams using AutoCAD and CAFM software.
- Works in conjunction with the CAFM team to produce and present space utilization reports, color-coded floor-plan highlights and space utilization KPIs to ensure efficient planning and density targets.
Space Planner qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be client-oriented, self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years of facilities space planning or commercial interior design experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture from an accredited college or university
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities and influential skills are required.
- Strong AutoCAD knowledge with minimum 3 years experience with facilities drafting.
- Knowledge and experience with a Space Management CAFM system, particularly ARCHIBUS, is a great plus.
- Candidate must be highly organized and able to concurrently perform quick-turn-around tasks and long-term projects.
- Candidate must demonstrate creativity as well as problem solving and time management skills.
- Candidate must be willing to work on both, team and independent assignments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and general knowledge of computer application and file organization.
- General knowledge on building construction, life safety, and building codes.
This is an excellent opportunity for the appropriate candidate; an interesting and rewarding position with a growth potential. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications & experience and includes benefits. Company will provide additional training when necessary. Please send your resume with a salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Serious candidates will be considered for a follow-up interview.